5 thing you should do in Mallorca... For free!
Some of the best things in life are free. Everyone knows that, and in our cities and neighbourhoods we know how to find and enjoy these things, but that is not always the case when we go travelling: we always end up getting our wallet out and paying due to a lack of experience. Therefore, here are 5 things that you can do for free in Mallorca, all absolutely free:
1. See a sunset at the beach.It does not matter where you spend your holiday in Mallorca, you simply need to find the closest beach that faces west and enjoy the views. You can choose between seeing the sunset sat quietly or enjoy a walk along the shore.
2. Have a stroll around the market.Of course, it you want to buy something, it will not be free. However, enjoying a walk around the markets organised each week in all of Mallorca's towns is a treat for the eyes that will not cost you anything.
Market in Pollença every sunday: in this link you can find all the markets in Mallorca.
3. Go night swimming at the beach.If you are scared about not seeing the sea bed do it on a night when there is a full moon, if not, any day is good for enjoying a dip at night. You just need to keep an eye out for your clothing and towel on the shore.
4. Cycle around everywhere.Yes, to do this you need a bicycle. However, the petrol is completely “free”. Also, when you spend a while going around Mallorca on a bike you realise that the pace of life here is different.
You don't need to be a pro to a ride bike in Mallorca.
5. Go partying at a “verbena”Verbenas, or open-air dances are the preferred way to party for Mallorcans, they are concerts held on the eve of a saint's day in each town and the young (and not so young) from neighbouring towns make the journey there in order to enjoy themselves. Unlike going out to bars and clubs, entry is free and the drinks prices are affordable for all.
You may not know any of the songs, but remember, you are there to have a good time.